St Michael's Parish
Located within walking distance of Coco Reef, Elbow Beach and Coral Beach Hotels, St. Michael’s Church was built in 1958 with the first Mass being celebrated on Christmas Day of that year. The parish hall was completed in the Spring of 1961. At about the same time, the adjoining property, then known as “Beau Sejour,” was purchased. The house on the property serves as the Rectory. When the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda was established, St. Michael’s Mission became a Parish Church. The Church’s structural design features a three-peaked façade and belfry in honour of the Holy Trinity. The body of the Church takes the form of a Tau or T Cross, with congregational pews arranged on three sides of the main Altar. Inside the Church, the design is simple with cool clean lines highlighted by a Bermuda Cedar Altar and decorative stained glass window.
Father Attilio Morelli was born in Pisticci, in the South of Italy, on 4 June 1961. In 1990 he received his Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics at the University “La Sapienza. In 1991 he moved to the United States for a Postdoctoral Position at Brookhaven National Laboratory. After a pilgrimage in Poland in 1992 for the World Youth Day, he answered a personal call to the Priesthood and entered the Redemptoris Mater Seminary of the Archdiocese of Newark. He was ordained to the Priesthood in 1998 by His Grace Theodore McCarrick, then Archbishop of Newark. Since 15 March 2013, he has been released by the Archdiocese of Newark to serve “Fidei Donum” (Gift of Faith) in the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda. He was installed as the Pastor of St. Michael’s Church on the 7th April 2013.
PASTOR: Rev. Attilio Morelli
TELEPHONE: (441) 236-2166
FAX: (441) 232-2695
ADDRESS: St. Michael's Church
(51 South Shore Road, Paget, PG03)
P.O. Box HM 727,Hamilton, HM CX