St. Patrick's Parish
To meet the needs of Catholics living in Devonshire and Smith’s, land was donated to build a chapel, which was blessed in February 1948 and named the Wayside Chapel. Over time it became too small for the needs of the people in the area and the parish. In 1964, the Church purchased the land where the present St. Patrick’s Church stands. St. Patrick’s Church was built and formally blessed by the late Bishop Bernard Murphy on 26th October 1969.
Fr. Wlodzimierz (Vladimir) Sobolewski, was born in Poland on the 27th October 1951. He completed his studies in Poland and was ordained a priest of the Congregation of the Resurrection on the 19th June 1976. He was an Associate Pastor in Posnan, Poland for two years before going to Australia, where he lived for twenty years serving as a Pastor in both Adelaide and Melbourne. Fr. Vladimir was installed as the Pastor of St. Michael’s Parish on the 25th June 2000. He was then transferred as Pastor to St. Patrick’s Parish on 15th August 2012.
PASTOR: Rev. Wlodzimierz (Vladimir) Sobolewski, C.R.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR: Mrs. Kimberly Guntl
(Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays: 10:00am -3:00pm)
TELEPHONE: (441) 236-9866
FAX: (441) 232-2824
ADDRESS: St. Patrick's Church
(1 St. Patrick's Road, Smith's Parish, FL05)
P.O. Box FL 267, Flatts, FL BX