St Joseph's Parish
After St. Edward’s Church in Hamilton was closed in 1931, St. Joseph’s became and remains the oldest Catholic Church in Bermuda. The Sanctuary of the Church is completely lined with exquisite hand-carved Bermuda cedar.
Although the original structure is somewhat obscured by later additions, a plaque still adorns the wall to the right of the original entrance to the Church and acknowledges the gift of the Crawley family.
Father Attilio Morelli was born in Pisticci, in the South of Italy, on 4 June 1961. In 1990 he received his Ph. D. in Theoretical Physics at the University “La Sapienza. In 1991 he moved to the United States for a Postdoctoral Position at Brookhaven National Laboratory. After a pilgrimage in Poland in 1992 for the World Youth Day, he answered a personal call to the Priesthood and entered the Redemptoris Mater Seminary of the Archdiocese of Newark. He was ordained to the Priesthood in 1998 by His Grace Theodore McCarrick, then Archbishop of Newark. Since 15 March 2013, he has been released by the Archdiocese of Newark to serve “Fidei Donum” (Gift of Faith) in the Diocese of Hamilton in Bermuda. He was installed as the Pastor of St. Michael’s Church on the 7th April 2013.
PASTOR: Rev. Attilio Morelli
Mrs. Mary Harvey
(Tuesdays and Thursdays: 10:00am - 3:00pm)
*Mrs. Harvey is stationed at St. Anthony's Rectory
TELEPHONE: (441) 234-2321
FAX: (441) 234-0320